Tuesday 15 January 2013

Why I Have Created This Blog

I love music. I love the way it can make us feel, lifting us up from our saddest, most desperate moments, extending that period of joy we experience, or simply acting as a kind of soulmate in which we can recognise that everyone feels and indeed, to quote R.E.M, everybody does indeed hurt.

I also love the idea of music being a whole package. It isnt just a set of words put together and someone singing them. Its a careful construction, a melding together of quality production with lyrics that have been carefully cultivated, and not merely sung but given life, not by a mere singer, but an artist.

But in todays society music doesnt seem to be appreciated in the same way. In this digital age we can pick and choose tracks, something I am not going to condemn as I am perfectly guilty of it myself. Indeed we should be allowed to do this: many artists release music that just isnt worth buying. Im sure many people in the world have bought an album for one or two songs on it and then thought that was a waste of money.

But whether good or bad, an album of work needs to be truly valued. And music needs to be respected. We leave in an instantaneous age, where we can quickly transition from one love of a song/album to the next. And in time artists arent appreciated in the same way.

So with this blog I simply am going to review one album, every day, with the idea of listening to the album in its entirety. Then I'll provide a track by track review and an overall opininon. And that is simply that. My opionion, given thoroughly, hopefully inspiring someone to follow my example :)

No comments:

Post a Comment