Monday 30 September 2013

Reasons Be 'Say Goodnight'



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
What is great about the online world is that people are really able to connect and create a difference in the world, and I am happy to think that I am part of that. I never thought that this blog would be something that would see me informed directly about new music, but it has, which is amazing. One great example of this is an email I received about the group Reasons Be and their single Say Goodnight. First of all, the song and its accompanying music video is just great because they both act as a support for the LGBT community, support which I fully commend and support myself, and it is great when artists really use their work for greater purposes. Secondly, this is also just a really good song in its own right, and so it is great to see that this is a group whose music is really great and which therefore makes the fact that they are supporting a cause even greater. Lyrically the track for me is very heartfelt and sincere, with a smooth quality that when you really focus on the lyrics instils the listener with positivity. The stuttering rhythms of the production gives the song a powerful tone that is also nicely chilled, with the duo using a lovely blend of instruments to make the track that touch more powerful. But what stands out for me with this song are the vocals, which are light and airy but have enough substance to make the song have the impact it should, whilst the duo’s vocals also blend really well. This is a strong, emotionally loaded, positive music offering that is nicely attached to an important and awesome cause, and I am really happy the track was brought to my attention and that I can now share it with other people, so please check out Say Goodnight on YouTube and download the song from ITunes now. And make sure to keep your ears and eyes out for this group in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment